Custom-made, easy-to-integrate OpenStreetMap-based worldwide map API for public websites, internal systems or mobile apps to let your location-based info come to life.
- Extremly simple integration
- Works with your current systems, easy to install or switch to
Compare the MAPCAT services with that of the biggest competitors. Click here to read more.
To integrate your application with MAPCAT services, you will need to subscribe for one of our plans (free or commercial). You can do this by contacting us, most conveniently through our Pricing page.
To access our services, unique keys are required that connect API requests to your subscription. When you subscribe for a plan, we will provide you the MAPCAT API keys you may use to integrate your application with MAPCAT services. The API keys provide unique identification of your subscription and allow you to access all the services that you are provided within your subscription.
The basic services available in all plans are: map visualization (map tiles rendering), geocoding (search and reverse geocoding) and route planning. You will access these services through our service API-s, using for each the API keys provided by us.
You can render the map tiles provided by either using Leaflet JS or OpenLayers, our detailed technical descriptions will guide you in setting up your application:
- Start using MAPCAT with Leaflet
- Start using MAPCAT raster based map tiles with OpenLayers
- Start using MAPCAT vector based map tiles with OpenLayers
- Start using MAPCAT with Mapbox GL JS
- Start using MAPCAT on Android
- Visualization API (access through Visualization API key)
- Search API (access through Search API key)
- Reverse Geocoding API (access through Search API key)
- Routing API (access through Routing API key)
- Height API (soon...)
MAPCAT backend is suitable for serving both raster and vector tiles.
Our vector tiles conform to the Mapbox Vector Tile Specification.
MAPCAT vector tile data schema is based on and extends the well-known Open Map Tiles Schema.
Here is a detailed specification of our MAPCAT Vector Tile Schema.